Saturday, December 26, 2009

1st Annual Aristocrat Awards (AAA- Not Cars)

Well, its awards season. Golden Globes have already put their list out, and soon the Oscars will release theirs. So, I thought I'd share some of my faves from the year with you guys by presenting my own version of Hollywood's big night.

Not quite 100% complete, but gettin' there, here's the list of nominees for the Aristocrat Awards, 2009 edition.

You'll note that a few of the categories are pretty sparse. Well, in those categories, I didn't really think that there were a ton of exceptional happenings, or at least I haven't seen any movies with them. I hear Sandra Bullock was good in Blindside but, ya know, nothing has motivated me to see that movie. It looks totally bland and forgettable from every trailer, and even every positive review I've heard. It'll be on the $5 shelf by this time next year.

Anyway, from my own tastes, here's the current list:



Best Picture (Drama or exceptional Genre):
Star Trek
Hurt Locker
District 9
Inglorious Basterds
Precious
The Road
Up in the Air

Best Director:
James Cameron- Avatar
Cohen Bros.- Serious Man
Tarantino- Inglorious Basterds

Best Actor
George Clooney- Up in the Air
Michael Stulbarg- A Serious Man
Viggo Mortensen- The Road
RDJr- Sherlock Holmes
Sam Rockwell- Moon

Best Actress
Gabourey Sibide- Precious

Best Supporting Actor
Christoph Waltz- Inglorious Basterds

Best Supporting Actress
Vera Farmiga- Up in the Air
Mo'Nique- Precious

Best Comedy:
A Serious Man
The Hangover


Best Animated:
Up
Coraline

Best of Horror:
Paranormal Activity
Zombieland
House of the Devil
Drag me to Hell
Thirst

Best Screenplay:
District 9
Sherlock Holmes
Inglorious Basterds

Check back tomorrow, also, for my review of this weekend's Sherlock Holmes.

No comments:

Post a Comment